Rugby Nova Scotia is hiring a Part Time Rookie Rugby Coordinator.
Rugby Nova Scotia Rookie Rugby Coordinator
Position: Part time
Term: Feb-April (20 hours a week)
Rugby Nova Scotia is a Provincial Sport Organization dedicated to the advancement, encouragement, promotion, administration, development and coordination of the sport of rugby in Nova Scotia through progressive leadership in cooperation with its membership and in liaison with its National Sport Organization Rugby Canada. In the last five years Rugby Nova Scotia has substantially increased both its membership and number of players competing at the national and international level.
We are looking for a passionate, professional and hardworking individual to represent Rugby Nova Scotia as the Rookie Rugby Coordinator for the province. The main goal of this position is to direct the sustainable growth of Rookie Rugby programs in Nova Scotia. The individual selected would need the ability to work out of the Halifax regional school board area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as link between regional clubs and Rugby Nova Scotia regarding all Rookie Rugby matters
- Attends executive meetings (when required) on behalf of Rookie Rugby in the province (non-voting member)
- Ensures all Rookie Rugby information circulated is correct and reaches the representatives from clubs, schools and communities.
- Ensures that all official policies and developments relating to mini rugby are adhered to
- Performs Rookie Rugby visits to schools/day camps/public events
- Coordinates volunteers for Rookie Rugby Events
- Records all Rookie Rugby activity through the Rugby Canada Rookie Rugby website
- Acts with Rugby Nova Scotia Administrator to book fixtures for Rookie Rugby events
- Deliver teacher and volunteer Rookie Rugby training days
- Work with Provincial Coach to establish key factors and key skills for Rugby NS curriculum
- Member of Rookie Rugby provincial Committee
- Work with school boards and Administration to establish Rookie Rugby curriculum in each school district
- After hour/weekend work will be required
- Has or is willing to obtain Community Initiation/World Rugby 1 certification
- Has reliable transportation, own car required as travel across the province is mandatory
- Experience working within a Rookie Rugby program
- Experience managing volunteers
- Experience working within/alongside the provincial school boards
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
RNS Provincial Coach
RNS Admin coordinator
Board of Rugby Nova Scotia
Ideally a student for the 2018/2019 calendar year
Must have access to own vehicle
Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks with be required upon offer of employment.
Dates: Starting Feb 2018 (10 weeks)
Location: Halifax, NS
Please submit in confidence to email@example.com by February 23rd 2018 with Subject “Rookie Rugby Program Coordinator”