Rookie Rugby Program Coordinator – Full Time 35 hours/week
Rugby Nova Scotia is a Provincial Sport Organization dedicated to the advancement, encouragement, promotion, administration, development and coordination of the sport of rugby in Nova Scotia through progressive leadership in cooperation with its membership and in liaison with it’s National Sport Organization Rugby Canada. In the last five years Rugby Nova Scotia has substantially increased both its membership and number of players competing at the national and international level.
One of our organization’s major goals for the 2018 year is to assist building Rookie rugby programs provincially, however position based out of Halifax. This programming has been developed by our national sports organization, Rugby Canada and fits with the local priorities of children and youth, recreation, and not-for-profit.
- Collaborate with Rugby Nova Scotia staff, board members, schools and local rugby clubs
- Coordinate and facilitate Rookie Rugby (train the trainer), and supporting the administration and organization of the programs
- Help deliver Rookie Rugby sessions in the community
- Plan Rookie Rugby Events in conjunction with major rugby events during the summer (Canada East Championship, International test matches)
- Assist clubs with “Rookie Rugby” days
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, Internet)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours (some weekend and evening work is required)
- Knowledge of sport is an asset
- Experience in program planning or delivery, particularly for children and youth, considered an asset.
- Position requires access to a reliable source of transportation
- Must be a full-time student, attending a University in the Fall of 2018
- Moderate travel within the province may be required throughout the summer term.
- Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks with be required upon offer of employment.
Dates: Starting May 28, 2018 (11 weeks)
Location: Halifax, NS
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday May 24, 2018 with Subject “Rookie Rugby Program Coordinator”