|Coach – Nova Scotia Keltics: |
Senior Men's, Senior Women’s, U18W AA
Rugby Nova Scotia is seeking individuals to apply for the position of Coach for the above listed provincial teams .
The Coach’s duties include:
• Working with the Provincial Coach to create, develop and apply a season plan (year round training program) which will involve: Player identification, ID Camps, practices, training camps, games, tournaments.
• Attend school and club games where applicable.
The candidates for these positions should hold the following accreditation:
• Certified (Or working to be certified) NCCP Comp intro. (World Rugby Level 2)
• A minimum of two years coaching experience at the Club/School/University and Regional LevelsCommunication and interpersonal skills are critical for success in this role involving interaction with players, other provincial coaches.
Application: To apply for these positions, please submit applications including an updated resume to Provincial Coach Jack Hanratty. RNSCOACH@SPORTNOVASCOTIA.CA
|Closing date for applications is Friday Feb 22nd|
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Description: |
Reports to: Provincial Coach, Rugby Nova Scotia Board and head coach (where applicable)
In addition to on-field success, the Coach is committed to long-term player development, the overall promotion of the game and to operating within the guidelines of a provincial program that is consistent across all levels and gives the best opportunity for success and for future progression within Rugby Canada.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Plan and implement provincial team player selections, practices, training camps, development camps, and preparation for games and friendly fixtures
2. Effective co-ordination and communication of game preparation and implementation
3. Knowledge and understanding of game adjustments and facilitating them during competition.
4. Co-ordination of post-game analysis of statistics and video-tapes (if possible) and the implementation of adjustments to practice and game plan preparation
5. Work collaboratively with the RNS Provincial Coach to develop, refine and execute a team plan that maximizes player development
6. Provide comprehensive year-end progress reports along with other intermittent updates as required7. Communicate areas of responsibility for team captain and other team leaders
8. Media interaction where necessary
9. Participate in the selection process
10. Create and mange a team staff that is appointed in conjunction with RNS Board and Provincial Coach
11. Attend coaching development sessions.
| Position Specifications:Knowledge and Skills:|
1. Strong technical and tactical (rugby) expertise
2. Ability to select and develop rugby players.
3. Excellent leadership and organizational skills
4. Flexibility to travel to watch players and work with rugby community across RNS
5. Skills of delegation to program staff
6. Decisive and fair in training and selection
7. Ability to identify situations, in game and in practice to make adjustments during season
8. Demonstrated ability to work with club coaches/school coaches within the RNS community
9. Strategic planning both short and long term11. Ability to remain composed in difficult situations12. Excellent communication skills