Coach – Nova Scotia Keltics:
U18 Canada Games Women’s 7s
Rugby Nova Scotia is seeking individuals to apply for the position of U18 Canada Games Women's 7s Head Coach.
Position Type: Volunteer
All coaching within the Canada Summer Games should always follow the four values below and Rugby Nova Scotia echo these statements:
The 2021 Canada Summer Games coach must meet the requirements as outlined by the Rugby Canada PlaySmart initiative. The Rugby Canada PlaySmart guidelines can be found online by visiting http://playsmart.rugbycanada.ca/.
The 2021 Canada Summer Games coach should be or should be working towards - within 12 months - NCCP Competition Introduction Certified. The requirements are as follows:
- Complete the World Rugby Rugby Ready Online Module
- Complete the World Rugby Concussion Management for the General Public
- Attend a 16-hour NCCP Competition Introduction Workshop
- Complete the Make Ethical Decision Online Evaluation*
- Submit a portfolio for evaluation
- Complete an on-field practical evaluation
* If a coach attends a Make Ethical Decision workshop or chooses to complete the home study
option then the evaluation is FREE of charge. If a coach chooses to go straight to evaluation,
they have two attempts. After two attempts they will have to attend a workshop or do the home
study option. Make Ethical Decision multi sport module is a mandatory requirement for all sports
enforced by Coaches Association of Canada.
- Coach will demonstrate a detailed understanding of the Rugby Canada key themes and their application in the game.
- Coach will demonstrate detailed understanding of the Nova Scotia Keltics program playing themes.
- Coach will have a strong working understanding of Rugby NS athlete selection policy and selection criteria. This will be evidenced in their selections throughout the provincial team programs.
- A session plan should be completed and submitted to the Provincial Coach prior to each session with the 2021 Canada Summer Games team; upon completion of the session a self-reflection should be added to the session plan.
- 2021 Canada Summer Games Coach will submit feedback on players and to players as outlined in each program by the Rugby NS provincial coach.
- The 2021 Canada Summer Games coaches must show evidence of pro-active professional development prior and through their tenure as a coach.
- 2021 Canada Summer Games Coach must be VSS (vulnerable sector screening) checked prior to any involvement in the provincial programs.
- 2021 Canada Summer Games Coach will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills: listening, confronting, challenging, openness, rapport with players, trust
- Working with the Provincial Coach to create, develop and apply a season plan (year round training program) which will involve:
- Player identification, ID Camps, practices, training camps, games, tournaments.
- Attend school and club games where applicable.
The candidates for these positions should hold the following accreditation:
- A minimum of two years coaching experience at the Club/School/University and Regional Levels
- Communication and interpersonal skills are critical for success in this role involving interaction with players, other provincial coaches.
Application: To apply for these positions, please submit applications including an updated resume to President Geno Carew, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date will be June 1st 2020
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.