Rugby NS is Hiring an Executive Director
About Rugby NS: As the Provincial Sport Organization for Rugby, Rugby NS is dedicated to the advancement, encouragement, promotion, administration, development and coordination of the sport of rugby.
About the Position: The Executive Director will serve as the Chief Executive Officer for Rugby Nova Scotia. The Executive Director will be responsible to lead Rugby Nova Scotia’s day to day operations along with driving the creation of policies, strategy and strategic direction for Rugby Nova Scotia with the goal to increase participation and strive for excellence.
Reports To: Board of Directors
Location: Nova Scotia
Work Environment: Office, Remote, Site Based
Hours: 35 hours per week, with the possibility of working evenings and weekends as required.
Role of Executive Director:
The Executive Director will be responsible for the following areas:
- Lead the development and execution of Rugby Nova Scotia’s Strategic Plan
- Oversee the identification and implementation of strategies, policies, programs and standards to achieve Rugby NS’s vision and goals
- Manage the day to day finances of Rugby Nova Scotia in consultation with the Director of Finance.
- Ensure continuous evaluation of the programs in place;
- Develop and ensure the execution of annual action plans;
- Develop and recommend the annual budget;
- Ensure the compliance of the operations of the union in connection with Rugby Canada
- See to the development of profitable partnerships for the development of rugby, especially in terms of sponsorships;
- Manage and support full time, part time, student and volunteer staff.
- Ensure the annual evaluation of permanent employees;
- Communicate a report of activities and a state of finances during Board meetings.
- Support the Sport Development Tool Report and the development of the Nova Scotia Performance Pathway Initiative Plan.
- Responsible for leading Rugby NS in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating with the Board and providing all necessary information for the Board to function successfully and to make informed decisions.
- Work with the board and staff to establish accountability standards and systems that track Rugby NS’s effectiveness and impact.
- Act as spokesperson for the union,
- Ensure effective, transparent and constant communication with members,
- Ensure optimal outreach of the union via its social media platforms, website, during its activities and all other platforms,
- Ensure the influence of rugby with the various Nova Scotia and Canadian sports authorities, the media, in the student network, in the digital world and other networks beneficial to the development of our sport.
- Participate in the development and implementation of various programs,
- Ensure the development of rugby in all target age groups across all of Nova Scotia,
- Participate in the development and implementation of various competitions;
- Advance the practice of sport throughout Nova Scotia and for both members and non-member groups.
- Ensure compliance with the rules, safety and rights of participants in the context of competitions;
- Together with the Technical Director and High Performance Coach, implement the annual plan for the various elite programs.
- Support and implement training and development of referees and coaches
- The successful candidate will have a relevant university degree (Business Administration, Sport Administration/Management)
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License
- Be a sports enthusiast
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Experience with financial management and budgeting
- Experience managing a diverse team in a remote setting
- Experience leading or assisting in the development of a strategic plan
- Demonstrated ability to achieve organizational objectives
- Experience working in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of the Nova Scotia sport system
- Knowledge of the rugby landscape in Canada
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial management
- Time management and effective organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate to membership, stakeholders,partners, and staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships and partnerships
- Knowledge and experience with grants and funding opportunities
- Ability to supervise staff, manage resources and write administrative and technical documents.
How to Apply:
Rugby Nova Scotia values aim to align with that of World Rugby and the diversity and inclusivity within our community. We encourage applications from Indigenous People, Persons of African Descent, Black Nova Scotians and other Racially Visible Persons, Persons Living with Disabilities, Gender Diverse Persons and members of other historically underrepresented communities.
Rugby Nova Scotia encourages all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us. All applicants must be able to provide a criminal record check.
If you’re interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17th at 11:59PM AST.